Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Calm Before the Storm?

Most of the wedding planning seems really low-key these days. When I think about it one step at a time instead of thinking of the whole pictures, it's a lot easier to deal with.
Most of the major things are done, or at least planned. I finally got the invitations last week and they're ready to be mailed. I also finally talked to the DJ I want. I don't have him scheduled for sure, but hopefully that will all work out this week. My mom has been working on many things and I'm SO grateful for her! I really only have one big-ish task left that I don't want to do, but after that, everything should be set until the week before the wedding when all the planning gets put to the test.
Stephen moved into our new apartment yesterday. That's very exciting to think about! The moving company will be at my house on either November 1st, 2nd, or 3rd (I'll know which day 24-48 hours before they get here), so I'm trying to get things packed up now so I'm not overwhelmed that week. I feel like I'm making progress, but I have a lot more to do and I'll be gone the only 2 weekends between now and then, so I'll have to do it on weeknights after work. I'll get it done, though.
We've got two showers coming up at the end of this month, too: one in Monroe and one in Nacogdoches. After that, I'll have one more shower in November, but I don't imagine the gifts from that one will be very difficult to pack and move.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine,
As a computer "caveman", I've never "blogged" in my life, so I hope I did this right. As I was checking your Macy's reg. it showed (3) 5 piece place settings (china) and (12) bowls. I was wondering could that be correct...? Thought you would want to know in case it wasn't.
Rejoice in the Lord for He is good!
God Bless.

Christin said...

As strange as it is, the numbers are actually correct. I already have several other place settings of the china, but no bowls! Thanks for asking.