Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Less Than Three Months To Go

Things are coming along, slowly but surely. If I think about the huge list of things still to be done, I panic, but when I take one thing at a time, all is well. The problem is that I take care of the things I don't mind doing, which leaves me a list of things I don't want to take care of. This is not good.
What is good? Well, I got to try on my dress yesterday which was really fun! Sophie (my 4 year old niece) came in to see it and she got a big smile on her face. My mom asked her is she thought it would work. She told us that she liked it, but she didn't think it would work because it didn't have any straps. She was concerned about that. Little girls are mystified by strapless clothing.
A few weeks ago, I bought jewelry to go with the dress and I was second guessing myself on my choice. Now that I've tried it on with the dress, I'm pleased with it. I got it at an antique store in West Monroe, so it can be my "something old". I think I'm going to try to modify the earrings from old-fashioned clip-ons to be more dangly. I'll try to rig them before I do anything permanent, so I can always go back to plan A.
I ordered the invitations today. My confidence in the clerk taking the order was not great, but that's why I get a proof copy before they print them. I'm anxious to get the invitations so I can start addressing them as as I have time. I'm only 3 addresses short of completing the list!
I'm having issues with photographers, so that's my next big thing to tackle. Why do they have to be so darn expensive? Rachel is going to shoot some engagements pictures for us in a few weeks. Too bad she can't do the wedding too!
Even though I feel completely stressed about all this planning sometimes, I am so excited about the wedding and more importantly, about being married to Stephen. He came to visit this past weekend and reminded me over and over why I love him so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What happen to the photographer you were planning on using? Do you have any leads on who you might use now?